It's taking me a bit longer than I expected to get back on my feet. I'm thankfully not sick -- just tiiiiiiiiiired. Lucky for me, I do have the luxury of getting some extra rest (I had a 2-hour nap yesterday), so hopefully I won't get sick.
I got a wonderful package from Marianne the other day, and in it was a note on this paper:
I can hardly get out of my own shadow. I did manage to accomplish a few things yesterday:
1) I archeologized (Yes, that is a word. Because I say so.) my pantry a little bit yesterday and got rid of the big tubs of drink mixes that were either a) all clumped together in a solid mass, b) had use-by dates at least five years ago, or c) both.
2) Ditto with some ancient magazines.
3) I found a place for a new old table we bought the other day while campaigning. (Campaigning does have its good sides.)
From Vallee's Den of Antiquity in Grand Isle, VT.
4) I watered my houseplants -- the few that were still clinging to life after being ignored for five or six months.
5) I wound up this ball of yarn:
P.S. This just in: The complete Grand Isle County voting results are now posted on The Islander's website.